Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Young Girl Hair


I have young girl hair. It is deceptively long, and when I put it in a ponytail it goes all the way down past my shoulders. When I run it sways against my back, and below my neck. You know people think that I am strong, and I am always the one that others rely on. My hair is a contradiction to that.  When I run I bundle it up, binding it in place so that it doesn't get in the way. Still, it always manages to come lose, one strand at a time. I always feel like a piece of me is about to come undone, for all the world to see.  This is what having long hair is like, and why women feel at their most vulnerable when they let their hair down, and let it hang in a way so that almost anybody can touch it, if they really wanted to.

But....I bind my hair up tying it to the back of my head, and I run.  All anybody ever sees is my strength. This is all I ever want anybody to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment