Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolutions



So this is the first post of 2011. In fact today is New Years Day. It is the day of dreams, hopes and promises. I just want to say that last year during this time, I made a promise to myself to get in shape and get closer to my ideal body type. Would I like to be even skinnier? Yes of course. Would I have liked to have gotten in even better shape than I am now? Absolutely. But....When put into perspective I have done pretty well. Look we have to recognize and celebrate our progresses and our victories. Here is my victory. I am a size smaller (Yeah for size 6) and 10lbs lighter. I have worked out 5-7 days a week for a whole year. Not only that, but I have increased my daily millage and speed. Running has become so much easier and truthfully there were many days where I could have ran much farther.

I guess the question is now where do I go from here?  Where do any of us go from here?  So here it is. My friend Denise and I are going to run everyday for a whole year. I am going to run at least one half marathon a month. Hopefully this year I can get into killer shape, like bikini jaw dropping shape. I want to look back on my 20's and say, "damn girl you were fine". I also would like to be able to do a triathlon. Maybe towards the end of summer I will be able to do this.

So in summary for all the world to know. Here are my promises.

1. Run everyday for a year
2. Complete 1 half-marathon a month
3. Become autonomous in my relationships
4. Learn to present my best self every day
5. Write more, read more and get published.
6. Continue on the path of emotional sobriety.


Summary 12/31/2010
3 miles
weights/legs

Summary 1/1/2011
5 miles
weights/arms

No comments:

Post a Comment