Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

You have to crawl before you can walk

You have to crawl before you can walk. OR.....as one of my old swimming coaches used to say, "you have to go slow before you can go fast". This is what I keep telling myself in regards to my body. Right now my biggest problem is myself. I am battling my own pride, and machismo. I started this journey and damn't I want to finish it.  am battling myself. Tonight I went for my run, and yeah my leg is feeling a hell of a lot better, but  a mile into it I could feel the soreness begin to itch at the back of my knee cap.  Walking away from a run makes me feel like a failure. Waiting for my knee to heal is like waiting for water to boil. This one step back is turning into 2 steps back.





1 comment:

  1. Your knee seems to be healing nicely. Just give it some more time. I am sure you will be training again soon. And, by the beginning of May, when I head to Eugene, you will be ready to go running with me. "I Love Eugene"-sorry couldn't resist. Heard this in a catchy song and can't stop saying it, hahaha

    ReplyDelete