Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Running in the Snow

I ran in two parts yesterday. First at the golf course and then at the track.  At the track I listened to the music my roommate put on my mp3 player. He likes dark, smooth, easy music, that kind of reminds me of getting fucked up and falling in love all at the same time. Anyways i was listening to this song that I posted up above when it began to snow. It was really cold, but I don't know it was incredibly beautiful. It was dark out, but the track was lit by flood lights, and all of this snow just glittered and caught the light as it fell. It was kind post apocalyptic.

I was all alone with my music, on the empty track, with  the lights left on. I guess I felt strange..... Singular...... Vulnerable, and maybe a little sad.  It got so cold, I didn't want to run anymore. Afterwards I could feel my heart pounding in my chest as I sat in the car with the heater on. It was just a good moment, even if it was just a little lonely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment