Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Constitutes our abundance


Our bodies are incredible. I think sometimes I forget that. This last week I have felt really ungrateful, and frustrated….. And you know what?  I am only hurting myself more by not appreciating this wonderful body that I have been given. Only a year and half ago I couldn’t run a full mile. 4years ago I was a good 35lbs heavier.  Isn’t the transformation we are capable of just jaw dropping wonderful?

Yesterday, I read an article about Dean Karnazes, perhaps the fittest man alive.  He is famous for running 50 marathons, in 50 days, in 50 states. What??????? Seriously, how incredible is that? Like I said, the human body is amazing. It is humbling to see what limits we can push ourselves to. I think that is why I am falling in love with the running community, because it is filled with people who are always asking “How far can I go?” This is a quality that constitutes real character

In this article in Runners World, Dean Karnazes says “We runners don’t need a lot. It is not what we have but what we enjoy that constitutes our abundance”.  How beautiful is that? The last couple days I have taken it really easy, which has been really hard, but today when I hit the track, hopefully it will feel better. If it doesn’t I am going to be humble, and kind, and try again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment