Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

341.2 Miles

Since starting this blog I have ran 341.2 miles.  In some ways I feel as though I have gone farther than this number, and at the same time I really can't believe that I have ran this many miles. I guess it is the part of me, the old part of me that dreaded running even a mile.  To tell you the truth I am a little disturbed at how much excercise I do, and how very little impact it seems to have on my appearance. That is not to say that I haven't physically changed, just that I can't see it.

My husband says that he can tell a difference but I don't know I would be more apt to believe my mother than my husband, he is so biased.I mean what better way to get a girl to take her clothes off than to tell her how good she looks without them on.  Hahaha (too much????)

Where is the transformation?????  To be kind I will say it is on the inside. To be human I will say damn't that is not really where I wanted to transform. How strange it is that we who own our bodies, and have taken agency over our physical selves, can be the least aware of how we change and grow.  Still I like the idea of excercise as this devotional act, like praying or meditating, that improves the self inside and out.





4/27/2011  341.2 miles

2 comments:

  1. That is a super impressive number. It is crazy to think of it in comparison to an actual distance, you are running across states!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why thanks chica!!!! You are right sometimes you just have to put it all in perspective

    ReplyDelete