Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sorry about the hiatus.

Wow....sorry about the hiatus.

I guess I am experiencing a workout identity crisis, and this really is the origin of  my silence. I am slowly beginning to get back into running. And hoping to do so in way that won't re-injure my body.  I don't know what to say, its not my heart, its not my lungs, my limitations lie simply in my joints.  Its kind of depressing.  Still Denise promises me if I go slow, if I am patient, if I don't do too much too soon. If I find some consistency, than I will be able to run distance most only dream of.....

Hitting these limitations has really made me take a step backwards and ask myself why it is I am doing this to my body. Is running really good for it? Ultimately I think so. At the end of the day I feel an emotional freedom when I am running, that I don't get from anywhere else. I guess I just want to see how far I can go and how good I can get. I want to do more races, and I want to improve my times. Still I have other goals, for instance I really want to improve my muscle tone, especially in my midsection around my hips.  I don't know I want to be toned, and fit. I want to be able to wear a bikini and for people to see how good a shape I am in. Although, maybe part of my problem is I am Pacific Northwest white. You know I have the Oregon skin that doesn't see sunlight 9 months out of the year.

I mean gripe of the week..........It is so unfair that some girls who are in horrible shape, can get in a bathing suit and look like they are in great shape, but can't even run a mile. I mean that is my vanity goal, to look as good in the mirror as my body feels and is on the inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment