Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

I wish you could hear the rain

I wish you could hear the rain in the northwest at night. There really is nothing quite like the sound of rain on your roof as you go to sleep. It is kind of like being out at sea, and hearing the ocean breathe beneath you. I think that I will miss the rain when it is gone in the summer months. Maybe not the grey that it brings, but the sound it makes at night when I am trying to sleep. I think that the rain makes me a little crazy sometimes.  It gives me strange dreams. I guess when you are curled safe in your warm bed, while outside it is raining you feel grateful for your little spot of peace. It may sound strange but the rain here makes me feel safe, and protected. I feel sheltered, warm and surrounded with comfort. Strange right.....


No comments:

Post a Comment