Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dehydration Headache

So I ran 9 miles today in the hot sun on spring water trail. It was an amazing run, I am kind of excited that I was able to do it at all since I really haven't done mileage like this in a while. However, I kind of screwed up. I mean I ran 5 miles and then had some water, and 5 miles back in 90 degree weather. This really dehydrated me pretty badly and now I am suffering from a dehydration headache/ stomach ache.

I am not happy about it at all. I mean I drank a lot of water,and then felt so sick... Eventually I ended up upchucking protein bar and water. Not attractive. Oye....... So after a little google searching I am drinking beer, and wonders of wonders it is working.  Is my research bad??? Has anybody else heard of this?

It feels good to get back into the swing of things. In other news it is really time to hit the coast. I so need a good coast run while it is nice out, and a water belt so this dehydration bit doesn't happen again.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment